•  » News
  •  » Guerilla Render v1.0 - License FAQ

#1 2013-11-12 18:10:50

Réjane
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Guerilla Render v1.0 - License FAQ

Guerilla Render v1.0 - License FAQ

1.    One Free License summary
2.    May I use the free license in commercial productions?
3.    With a free license, may I install and use Guerilla Render on multiple computers?
4.    May I install and use Guerilla Render with a free license on a computer comprising more than 16 cores?
5.    May I install and use Guerilla Render with a free license on two octo-cores or four quad-cores instead of one “up to 16-cores" ?
6.    I want to install and use Guerilla Render Standalone and/or Guerilla Render Node and/or Guerilla Render for Autodesk Maya on different computers, may I?
7.    I’m not alone to work on a site, on a network, or on a production. May the other users install and use Guerilla Render with the free license?
8.    I already have a free license of Guerilla Render. May I install a different version and use both for free?
9.    My computer is not permanently connected to the Internet, may I use Guerilla Render with the free license?
10.    Will I have a watermark on my rendering if I’m using the free license?
11.    Is the free license limited in time?
12.    May Mercenaries Engineering revoke my free license to use Guerilla Render?
13.    Does the free license include support or maintenance?
14.    Shall I mention the name of Guerilla Render in the credits of the film/series/… produced by using the free license?
15.    Shall I provide Mercenaries Engineering with graphics or extracts of the film/series/… produced by using the free license?
16.    My studio/company wants to try Guerilla Render in production conditions…

1.    One Free License summary

In summary (please read the EULA for full compliance): the free license is limited to non-concurrent installation and non-concurrent use on one (1) physical computer comprising up to sixteen (16) cores, permanently connected to the Internet. A maximum of one (1) free license is granted for all your sites, networks or productions, or per group of legal entities working on the same site, network or productions.

If you don’t fully comply to the license terms, please contact  sales at mercenaries-engineering.com for a pricing. If you have any doubt that you fully comply to the license terms, please contact sales at mercenaries-engineering.com

2.    May I use the free license in commercial projects?

Yes if you fully comply to the license terms

3.    With a free license, may I install and use Guerilla Render on multiple computers?

No. The free license is limited to installation and use on one (1) physical computer.

4.    May I install and use Guerilla Render with a free license on a computer comprising more than 16 cores?

No. The free license is limited to installation and use on one (1) physical computer comprising up to sixteen (16) cores.

5.    May I install and use Guerilla Render with a free license on two octo-cores or four quad-cores instead of one “up to 16-cores" ?

No. The free license is limited to installation and use on one (1) physical computer.

6.    I want to install and use Guerilla Render Standalone and/or Guerilla Render Node and/or Guerilla Render for Autodesk Maya on different computers, may I?

No. Guerilla Render is licensed as a single product. Guerilla Render Standalone, Guerilla Render Node and Guerilla Render for Autodesk Maya shall not be separated for installation or use on more than one (1) computer.

7.    I’m not alone to work on a site, on a network, or on a production. May the other users install and use Guerilla Render with the free license?

No. The number of free license per site, network or production is limited to one (1).

8.    I already have a free license of Guerilla Render. May I install a different version and use both for free?

No. You can only have one (1) free license of Guerilla Render, you shall uninstall any previous version.

9.    My computer is not permanently connected to the Internet, may I use Guerilla Render with the free license?

No. Permanent connection to the Internet is mandatory for the free license.

10.    Will I have a watermark on my rendering if I’m using the free license?

No as long as you fully comply to the license terms

11.    Is the free license limited in time?

No

12.    May Mercenaries Engineering revoke my free license to use Guerilla Render?

No as long as you fully comply to the license terms

13.    Does the free license include support or maintenance?

No. The free license does not include support or maintenance.

14.    Shall I mention the name of Guerilla Render in the credits of the film/series/… produced by using the free license?

No. You have no obligation of this kind. We would be grateful that you mention Guerilla Render though…

15.    Shall I provide Mercenaries Engineering with graphics or extracts of the film/series/… produced by using the free license?

No. You have no obligation of this kind. We would be very grateful if you did it though…
You can post on Guerilla Render Forum if you want to share your work.

16.    My studio/company wants to try Guerilla Render in production conditions…

Please contact sales at mercenaries-engineering.com for full scale tests in production conditions.

#2 2013-11-19 13:01:36

Réjane
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Re: Guerilla Render v1.0 - License FAQ

17. Why do you require a permanent internet connexion and what informations do you collect ?

We require a permanent internet connexion to ensure that only one (1) free license per IP is used. No internet connexion is required for paying customers.

The only informations checked are: the IP and MAC address used to run Guerilla Render with the free license. Nothing else.

• Index
  •  » News
  •  » Guerilla Render v1.0 - License FAQ

Board footer